Tuesday 8 February 2011

Saturday 12th February - 8pm: a pair of sci-fi masterpieces


The People's Picturehouse is proud to present:

8.30 - La Jetee

"They begin again. The man doesn't die, nor does he go mad. He suffers. They continue."

"If our Gods and our hopes are nothing but scientific phenomena,
then let us admit it must be said that our love is scientific as well."

By-now-classic cocktails and very good vegetarian food will be available when the bar opens at 8pm, and the first film will start at 8.30pm (prompt: no messing about, now). As ever, guests are welcome to hang around the house late into the night; we've yet to kick anyone out because we want to go to bed...

2 comments:

  1. I only just found out about this and I'm gutted I missed it. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for the next one

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing night. I'll definitely be back soon.

    What were the black and white movies that were being played between La Jetee & GITS and afterwards?

    ReplyDelete